An excellent opportunity exiists to join one of Australia's largest privately owned civil and remediation contractors. Having won several exciting new projects, an experienced Senior Civil and Remediation Project Manager is required to become part of the team A.S.A.P.
Working between Home, their office base base in Narellan and various sites, the Senior Project Manager will be required to play an impactful role in tendering for and managing civil and remediation projects, both in metro Sydney and in regional NSW.
Support will be provided by an experienced leadership team, in-house delivery resources, and interstate resources.
You wil lbe expected to be present on-site during key milestones, particularly during project kick-off, and this will mean travelling to project sites in regional NSW, with some regularity.
A key component of this role will be to succesfully particpate in tendering for works until fruition, to identify and allocate appropriate resources to deliver simple, complex and large scale projects, from the pre-project planning phase to practical completion, in accordance with contract conditions and other stakeholder requirements.
Incumbents are required to have the necessary skillset to identify and problem solve project issues to ensure that works conform to the appropriate standards and that they are completed on budget and within agreed timeframes.
Applicants will need to demonstrate effective consultation and communication skills through regular engagement and the development of sound working relationship with project stakeholders. Under the direction of the company Directors, the applicant will undertake a variety of duties which are expected to be delivered autonomously and prioritised according to business requirements.
It is preferred that applicants are either tertiary qualified with an advanced / in-depth knowledge of project management / business management fundamentals or alternatively have substantial industry experience in the delivery of projects.
Applicants are also required to hold sufficient competence and technical understanding of Civil Construction practices and works and will ideally have a minimum of approximately 15 years' industry experience, which ought to include at least 5 years undertaking advanced project management roles within the civil / environmental industry, with a proven record of successful delivery of projects.
The required characteristics, attributes, skills & experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil (Preferred but Not essential)
- Managing demolition, remediation and civil construction projects from pre-project planning phase to practical completion
- Estimating and preparing tender submissions; Pre-tender meetings, site visits and tender compilation
- Client and stakeholder liaison & management
- EHSQ management plan implementation
- Resource allocation and coordination
- Sourcing and ordering of equipment and materials
- Engaging and coordinating subcontractors and service providers
- Maintaining compliance with legislative requirements
- Management of project financials
- Confident organisational skills
- Great people and team leadership skills
- Excellent communication
Benefits and rewards include:
- Project variety
- Professional team & work culture
- A large, well established national organisation
- On-going professional development
If interested , please send a detailed CV via the link provided, or directly to: email@example.com A.S.A.P.