Based in Coominya, our client is a world leader in the food and food processing industry, and a supplier to some of the world's most trusted food brands in the marketplace today. Specialising in beef and lamb products to the Australian and export markets.
Our client is a food processing facility that is based within the Somerset region. They are seeking experienced Labourers / Machine Operators for an immediate start. The site is in Coominya and would suit residents living in the Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Ipswich regions.
The duties will include:
- General Labouring, Machine Operating and Production duties
- Use of industrial machinery including tumblers, mincers, grinders, blenders, batchers and mixers
- Computer operated machinery
- Working around and processing of raw meats - mainly beef and lamb
- Manual labour including lifting and bending
- Monitoring rework products
- Unboxing, unwrapping and quality checking of products prior to processing
- Work independently and as part of a team to complete set tasks.
- Maintain and clean working area and personal protective equipment.
- Adhere to set OH&S rules and regulations.
Benefits of the role:
- Located in Coominya
- Family orientated and long standing company
- Rostered and ongoing employment
- Day, Afternoon and Night shifts available
- Morning shifts (commencing as early as 0530 hours)
- Afternoon shifts (commencing as late as 1530 hours)
- Night shifts (commencing as early as 2200 hours)
- All workers will commence on a training wage of:
- $27.01 per hour (Morning shift)
- $30.25 per hour (Afternoon shift)
- $33.94 per hour (Night shift)
- Once workers are trained, competent and signed off, the wage will increase to:
- $28.75 - $32.86 per hour (Morning shift)
- $32.20 - $36.80 per hour (Afternoon shift)
- $35.65 - $39.43 per hour (Night shift)
- Potential to progress to permanent long term
Requirements to be considered for the role:
- Preference to have minimum double dose of Covid 19 vaccination
- Must be able to complete and pass a full pre-employment medical as well as a drug and alcohol screening
- Drivers license and car or otherwise very reliable transport as there is NO public transport in this area
- Previous experience in the Food Industry
- Meat Industry experience is highly regarded but not essential
- Role requires you to work with raw meat - mainly beef and lamb
- Flexibility as the site runs 7 days per week
- Experience using Food Industry Machines
- Ability to follow recipes
- Hardworking individual, repetitive work
- Fit, energetic and reliable workers required
- Ability to lift heavy loads, there will also be mechanical aids to utilize
- Ability to communicate clearly and follow instructions
- Have a good understanding of Correct Manufacturing Processes
- Possess a positive working attitude and not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Ability to work well within a team environment
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted; we are unable to provide individual feedback.
You must have valid working rights within Australia to be considered for this role.
Please visit http://www.laboursolutions.com.au to view more jobs.