Based in Coominya, our client is a world leader in the food and food processing industry, and a supplier to some of the world's most trusted food brands in the marketplace today. Specialising in beef and lamb products to the Australian and export markets.
Our client is a food processing facility that is based within the Somerset region. They are seeking experienced Production staff for an immediate start. The site is in Coominya and would suit residents living in the Lockyer Valley, Somerset and Ipswich regions.
We are seeking a variety of Factory Workers - Packers, Machine Operators, Labourers and Forklift Operators.
The duties will include:
- Packing patties to the required numbers per specifications
- Weighing cartons and making alternations to ensure they meet specifications
- General Labouring, Machine Operating and Production duties
- Use of industrial machinery including tumblers, mincers, grinders, blenders, batchers and mixers
- Computer operated machinery
- Removal of non-confirming product into the appropriate containers
- Liaise with machinery operators
- Unboxing, unwrapping and quality checking of products prior to processing
- Set up of the pack off area
- Conduct patties inspections
- Working around and processing of raw meats - mainly beef and lamb
- Manual labour including lifting and bending
- Working within a cold storage space - chillers and freezers
- Operation of a Forklift - high reach experience would be preferred but not essential.
- Operation of counterbalance forklifts
- Receiving and dispatching products
- Working within the receivals and load out departments
- Paperwork and quality checks
- Work independently and as part of a team to complete set tasks.
- Maintain and clean working area and personal protective equipment.
- Adhere to set OH&S rules and regulations.
Benefits of the role:
- Located in Coominya
- Family orientated and long standing company
- Rostered and ongoing employment
- Day, Afternoon and Night shifts available
- Morning shifts (commencing as early as 0530 hours)
- Afternoon shifts (commencing as late as 1530 hours)
- Night shifts (commencing as early as 2200 hours)
- All workers will commence on a training wage of:
- $27.01 per hour (Morning shift)
- $30.25 per hour (Afternoon shift)
- $33.94 per hour (Night shift)
- Once workers are trained, competent and signed off, the wage will increase to:
- $28.75 - $32.86 per hour (Morning shift)
- $32.20 - $36.80 per hour (Afternoon shift)
- $35.65 - $39.43 per hour (Night shift)
- Potential to progress to permanent long term
Requirements to be considered for the role:
- Preference to have minimum double dose of Covid 19 vaccination
- Must be able to complete and pass a full pre-employment medical as well as a drug and alcohol screening
- Drivers license and car or otherwise very reliable transport as there is NO public transport in this area
- Current Forklift license and Forklift operation experience (for Forklift Operator roles ONLY)
- Previous experience in the Food Industry
- Meat Industry experience is highly regarded but not essential
- Role requires you to work with raw meat - mainly beef and lamb
- Flexibility as the site runs 7 days per week
- Experience using Food Industry Machines
- Hardworking individual, repetitive work
- Fit, energetic and reliable workers required
- Ability to lift heavy loads, there will also be mechanical aids to utilize
- Ability to communicate clearly and follow instructions
- Have a good understanding of Correct Manufacturing Processes
- Possess a positive working attitude and not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Ability to work well within a team environment
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted; we are unable to provide individual feedback.
You must have valid working rights within Australia to be considered for this role.
Please visit http://www.laboursolutions.com.au to view more jobs.