An excellent opportunity exists to join a multi faceted Australian owned and operated entity at their Bathurst located Sawmill operation as their Workplace Health, Safety & Environment (WHSE) Coordinator.
Works closely with management and staff in order to ensure compliance across the site in terms if their WH&S systems and Environmental Management Plan and will assist in driving improvement in their safety culture whilst ensuring site risks are managed effectively. The WHSE Coordinator also identifies training needs and deliver training programs for management and staff.
The Responsibilities include:
- Assist with implementation of WHSE Systems, Policies, Plans, Procedures
- Collaboratively undertake and develop site level SOP's and risk assessments
- Undertake risk assessments of plant, chemicals, facilities, processes etc.
- Perform assurance functions and provide subsequent management reports
- Work with management to identify and develop new WHSE initiatives
- Assist with implementation of agreed WHSE objectives.
- Conduct investigations into workplace incidents
- Assist management with implementation of corrective WHSE actions
- Provide insight and analysis on safety data and metrics and provide recommendations on corrective actions
- Conduct workplace inspections and audits
- Assist with communicating and promoting initiatives to stakeholders
- Maintain complaints register
- Assist with preparing reports for management on environmental and sustainability initiatives.
- Identify, develop and organise /deliver safety training
The required qualifications, skills, experience ,characteristics & attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in WHSE and /or suitable equivalent experience
- Certificate IV Training & Assessment highly regarded
- Minimum 5 years' experience as an WH&S practitioner within the manufacturing sector
- Experience in developing SOP's
- Trained in incident investigation procedures
- Auditor qualification and /or experience preferred
- Return to work co-ordinator experience preferred
- Document, and report writing skills
- Solid understanding of EPA requirements, legislation, codes and relevant practices
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to positive outcomes
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Time management skills and the ability to multi task
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of appropriate Computer Literacy
Please note that this position is only avaialble to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents!
If interested , please send a detailed CV via the link provided, or directly to: email@example.com A.S.A.P.