A family owned Engineering company operating out of Condell Park NSW - Multiple Roles available for the right candidates. Join our team!
About the Role
Our ideal candidate has experience in machinery fabrication and assembly and working with Light Gauge and Medium Gauge Stainless Steel and Mild Steel (up to 5mm). As many of our clients are in the Food, Beverage and Health sectors, high quality workmanship is required to meet food and health standards. Candidates who only have experience in a heavy engineering type industry (mining, ship building, rail or similar) are less likely to suit the role.
As this is a hybrid role, you will be required to regularly work in our workshop, fabricating and assembling our conveyor and robotic systems AND then, to be fully available to perform site work to install, commission and maintain this machinery.
Some travel around Sydney, regional areas of NSW or interstate is required. Most travel away from home is for 2 to 3 days at a time, but there may be occasional longer periods of up to 2 weeks. Travel may occur on average around once per month, but some months won't require any travel and other months may require multiple, short trips.
- Trade Qualification as a Fitter/ Machinist, Sheetmetal Fabricator or similar (eg Boilermaker).
- Experience fabricating machinery for food, pharma or beverage clients would be adventurous
- Experience assembling or fabricating light to medium gauge conveyors or pallet handling or packaging equipment or robotic systems
- Must be able to read and interpret a workshop drawing
- Have great MIG and TIG welding skills
- Have the ability to work unsupervised, including to undertake site work
- Must have the ability to plan and manage your own workload and to oversee and manage a small team
- Be available for site work around Sydney, regional areas or interstate
- Be available to perform occasional overtime including Saturday and Sunday
- A Valid Australian Drivers licence
What's in it for You
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Perm Roles available
- On going work for the foreseeable future
- Work your way up!
If you are interested hit the apply now button or contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org