An opportunity exists to work for one of the largest crisis support services in Australia, our client is seeking a Community Coordinator, on a full time contract basis for 12 months.
They are the backbone in providing suicide prevention services, mental health support and emotional assistance to the community.
The role will collaborate and facilitate prevention programs and link services throughout the South Western Sydney region.
- Linking prevention activities and resources to the community
- Working with the Rapid Response team to improve the community's knowledge of services and organisations that can provide immediate support and assistance
- Assist with promoting prevention programs and resources to organisations and the community
- Participate in annual performance appraisal process
- Improve the wellbeing, resilience and social connectedness of vulnerable people and groups through the targeted programs and activities
- Demonstrate an understanding of contemporary mental health issues and have experience working with mental health
- Certificate or Qualification in Mental Health
- Experience working in the area of suicide prevention desired
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and negotiate sensitively with a broad range of stakeholders in the community
- Strong skills in stakeholder communication and engagement
- Ability to function constructively in a team environment
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant professional code of ethics and relevant legislation.
LSA Health is an agency provider to all areas of Health - Aged care Facilities, Community care providers, Disability and Mental Health services, Government health and Hospitals as well as NDIS providers. A division of Labour Solutions Australia (LSA) a national and well recognised recruitment organisation providing specialised recruitment solutions across a variety of industry sectors.