Workplace Health & Safety Policy
Labour Solutions Australia is one of Australia’s leading workforce management and labour hire companies. Labour Solutions Australia is committed to providing a safe work environment to all employees (on-hire and internal staff), contractors and others. As a provider of outsourced employment solutions, we recognise the importance of continually seeking new ways to reduce WHS risks and minimising workplace incidents.
In order to achieve this goal and remain an employer of choice, Labour Solutions Australia is committed to the following:
- Develop, implement and continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our WHS Management System in conformance with the requirements of AS/NZS 4801
- Monitor and comply with statutory, client and industry requirements
- Apply a risk management approach to identify, assess, and control workplace hazards
- Work collaboratively with our clients (host employers) to ensure minimum safety standards are maintained and workplace incidents are investigated to determine cause and identify additional controls and actions
- Ensure regular and effective WHS consultation and communication with our clients (host employers) and employees
- Continually strive to improve our WHS performance by establishing clear and measureable objectives and targets, aimed at the elimination of work related injury and illness.
- Report our health and safety performance to stakeholders and interested parties.
- Create a safety culture where employees are encouraged to think, work and live in a healthy and safe manner
- Ensure adequate health and safety resources are provided to employees to undertake their duties in a safe and professional manner, including appropriate training, information, equipment and facilities
- Hold all employees, contractors and volunteers accountable for fulfilling our health and safety requirements and obligations
- Effectively manage the rehabilitation process of injured employees to help achieve an early return to employment
Safety is our first and foremost priority. All employees, contractors and volunteers are obliged to comply with our Workplace Health & Safety Management System to ensure the effective implementation of this Policy and the safety of themselves, their colleagues and the general public.
Our business is built on one key fundamental, Excellence in Customer Service. We strive to over deliver on our promises and take a proactive approach to the management of our clients’ requirements. Our major goal is to partner with our clients to drive productivity and minimise risk, allowing our clients to concentrate on their core operations.
In order to achieve this goal and remain a leader in our field, Labour Solutions Australia is committed to the following:
- Develop, implement and continuously improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our Quality Management System in conformance with the requirements of AS/NZS ISO 9001
- Work closely with our clients to ensure that we collect feedback, understand their needs and meet (and exceed where possible) their expectations
- Monitor and comply with all applicable statutory, client and industry requirements.
- Ensure we recruit people who are qualified, competent, and suitable to fulfil the purpose of each role, meeting our performance and quality objectives
- Train and educate our people to continually improve skills, awareness and knowledge of quality issues and work practices
- Involve our people in quality related decisions and initiatives
- Establish and act upon quality objectives and performance targets to ensure systems and processes are continuously improved to ensure ongoing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Routinely review and respond to our performance against objectives and targets that have been set.
- Provide sufficient and suitable resources to implement and maintain our Quality Management System
To ensure we remain a business that is committed to Quality it is vital that all employees and contractors conduct their work in a manner that is consistently complies with defined processes, systems and controls.